Community Investment Program
Chalice is committed to positively impacting the local communities that surround the Julimar Project, to achieve meaningful social and economic benefits. As a member of these communities, local employment, procurement, and funding are among the best ways Chalice can meaningfully contribute.
Chalice has developed our Community Investment Program, which aims to provide funding to deliver positive long-term benefits and support local initiatives.
The following guidelines provide the framework for Community Investment decision making
Chalice Mining is specifically looking to support projects that fall under our focus areas of Education, Environment and Community. Applications are not required to meet all the three focus areas, however those that support the below will be prioritised.
Education – initiatives that advance and improve regional educational opportunities.
Sharing of knowledge and capabilities for the benefit of the local community.
Supports innovation and advancement for local residents.
Environment - initiative that protect and rehabilitate the Environment.
Supports the connection between community and the natural environment.
Restores our natural environment and protects our ecosystems and endangered species.
Community Connection – supporting local opportunities, events and groups to strengthen the community connection within the region.
Facilities and supports greater engagement between community members.
Respects and recognises our local heritage and culture.
Our community partners
Chalice contributes to a wide range of community groups including:
- Bindoon Mountain Bike and Adventure Park
- Marsupial Mammas and Pappas Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Moora Kerkhopp Carnaby Group
- Northam Chamber of Commerce
- Taste of Chittering
- Toodyay Christmas Street Party
- Toodyay District High School
- Toodyay International Food Festival
- Toodyay Lions Football Club
- Toodyay Cricket Club
- Toodyay Recreation Centre
- Toodyay Volunteer Fire Brigade
Types of Community Investment
- Grants – Monetary contribution to help the community by supporting local activities and building community initiatives
- Sponsorships – commitment of money or resources in exchange for specific promotional benefits
- In-kind Support – Non monetary contribution such as volunteer support, supply or services or goods
|Successful Grant Applicants
|1 February||30 March||May|
|1 August||30 September||November|
Who can Apply?
To be considered for funding, organisations should meet the following criteria:
- Are an incorporated not-for-profit organisation, government entity or educational institution.
- Have an ABN (reflecting the organisation’s incorporated not‑for‑profit status).
- Have funded activities taking place within 12 months of the allocation of funding.
- Have not already received funding from Chalice Mining for an existing initiative, within a 12-month investment period.
What will not be supported.
Chalice will not consider funding requests:
- That do not align with Chalice’s core values.
- That are retrospective in nature.
- From individuals seeking support.
- From profit businesses.
- From programs located outside of Chalice’s ‘local communities’.
- From organisations or individuals that promote activities that are discriminatory or offensive.
- From any political or religious parties or government departments.
- That is a duplicate of services already within the community.
Successful applicants - November 2022
Chalice is thrilled to announce the successful applicants from our recent Community Investment funding round.
We look forward to supporting initiatives from the following local groups:
- Bindoon Cricket Club
- Bindoon Netball Association
- Bindoon Primary P&C
- Northam Districts Little Athletics
- Northam Federal Football Netball Committee
- Marsupial Mamma’s and Pappa’s
- Bindoon Bowls Club
- Bindoon Primary School
- Northam Toy Library
- Wundowie Primary School
- Toodyay Miniature Railway
- Toodyay Tennis Club
- Toodyay Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services
To apply, please complete the Sponsorship Application Form via the below online link, or email it to email@example.com.